[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Electron tube source.

Subject:  Electron tube source.
  Date:   Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:05:48 -0400
  From:   104521.363-at-compuserve-dot-com
    To:   "INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

I recently got an idea of starting to scan specs-sheets of tubes and put
them available to the 'net. Here I mean tubes that are of use for HV
work/hobbies - triodes/tetrodes/thyrathrons/ x-ray/ignitrons/etc. - and
are rare to find.

I do have specs for some tubes (like H2-thyrathrons, tri/tet-rodes etc.)
but the amount of specs is not _that_ great.

[snip]

Kristian Ukkonen.

All,
I came across a company some of the  tube tc folks might know (or like
know) about.

Svetlana Electron Devices Inc

Headquarters:
8200 South memorial Parkway
Huntsville Alabama 35802

205 882 1344

Marketing and engineering
3000 Alpine Road
Portola Valley, Ca 94028

415 233 0429

Direct sales
1-800-239-6900

This company imports Russian and former East Block country power
electron
tubes which are pin and spec compatible with many American tubes.  While
the rest of the world was moving to semiconductors, the Soviets
continued
to use and improve tube technology. Soviet tubes tend to be extremely
tough
and reliable.

I have a price list (Dec 1996) showing that an 833a is about $250 while
some of the more esoteric tubes (medium industrial power level:
dielectric
induction heating) 10 kv plate/6 amp grid/100 MHz for about $2300.  Yes,
they're expensive but it is a source.

Kyle