[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More rotary gap questions... (fwd)

Subject:      Re: More rotary gap questions... (fwd)
       Date:  Mon, 21 Apr 1997 00:02:10 -0700
       From:  Open Minded <bturner-at-apc-dot-net>
         To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Re: More rotary gap questions... (fwd)
>   Date:   Fri, 18 Apr 1997 19:02:19 -0500
>   From:   "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
>     To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

> Perhaps DR. WHO (yes all of him/them/it) could be kind enough to provide
> the
> manufacturer and part number for the screw in, tungsten faced, hi-freq
> unit
> electrodes he/they/it has/have been referring to.

Try contacting a local TIG welding supply shop. I found some really
nifty 1/2" diameter thoriated tungsten-faced electrodes with 1/4-24
studs for $6 each. They were for an older Union Carbide machine. LOTS
of older machines still out there, so this type of HF tip should still
be available, off-the-shelf.

- Brent

  http://www.apc-dot-net/bturner/hv-page.htm