[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: equidrive vs. non-equidrive

Subject:  Re: equidrive vs. non-equidrive
  Date:   Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:42:24 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>All,
>
>I've done direct comparisons of the equidrive and single leg cap
>arrangements
>and found absolutely no difference either way.  This was in a small neon
>TC
>which gave about a 28" spark.  I haven't made comparisons at any other
>power
>levels.
>
>Towards optimal coiling,
>
>John Freau

All,

John is absolutely correct.  I really don't know how some might come to
think a positive electrical difference would be noted.  We have used the
"Equidrive" circuit in all our magnifiers only because the stress is
moved
out to two capacitors (twice as expensive).  Lotsa' stress in magnifiers
that the old two coilers never see!

 The only observed advantage of the equidrive is the distribution of
heat
and electrical voltage stressed out over two units instead of one.
Since we
have run this system we have never lost a capacitor.  That's a big
enough
advantage for me!

Capacitance is capacitance, no matter where it is in a tesla circuit.

Richard Hull, TCBOR