[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Propadation

Subject:  Re: Spark Propadation
   Date:  Thu, 17 Apr 1997 22:05:00 -0700
   From:  David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
     To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello Gary,

"My question is.  Is there any way to make sparks transmit threw the air
longer than normal using something like an electronic beam.  Laser beam?
Light beam?  Different frequency microwave beam?  Hot air beam?"

Hey you remember Tesla's infamous 'Particle weapon' (Popular on the
Non-scientific type lists?, As I do not venture into that region, not to
sure of the 'proper' term), well all you folks involved in research for
SDI or related spinoffs should know of the high energy laser devises to
produce suficient ionization in the atmosphere from which a 'High'
energy source of electrons or protons could then have a much easyer path
to the target. So, has any body here on this list actually experimented
with, say, High power lasers for guidence of the discharge? Flames are
cool, try some Barium or Strontium salts for added color.

David Trimmell