[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primaries and Copper Tubing

Subject:   Primaries and Copper Tubing
  Date:    Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:32:14 -0400
  From:    Brendan Haley <bhaley-at-shore-dot-net>
    To:    "'tesla-at-pupman-dot-com'" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello all,

        It's been a long time since I have posted,  but,  to get to the
point:  I am trying to improve my already working coil.  I
wont go into its previous condition,  but lets just say there was a lot
of duct tape and "Chewing gum" style construction going
on.

        My main question is this:

        I am trying to construct a sturdier primary coil using copper
tubing,  and I am having a lot of trouble.  I'm finding the
tubing difficult to work with,  and I haven't come up with a very good
concept for the framing for the coil.  I have seen a lot of
very beautiful looking primaries in some of the images posted,  but
going over them,  I can't really get a good enough look at
how they are constructed.  If anyone has any hints,  tips,  plans,  or
even pointers to files that contain these plans (or even
some nice closeup pictures of primaries),  I would love to hear them.
Also if anyone has found good ways to manipulate the
copper tubing without destroying it,  I would love to hear it.

        Right now my back hurts,  and I am frustrated,  and I'm looking
for advice and inspiration;  and I don't even want to see
any copper for about 24 hours.

        Many thanks in Advance,

Brendan