[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Confusing Statements

  Date:
        Sat, 5 Apr 1997 04:45:50 -0700
  From:
        "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

To Kevin Conkey:

On normal non-syncrho RSG's we usually use 10 or 12 electrodes on a 12"
dia. disk.  On some experimental synchro smaller coils we have use 4
electrodes on both 10 and 12 in. dia. disk.

Sorry for the confusion -- it was our fault we didn't define which
systems
we were using with the RSG's.  We usually prefer non-synchro's for most
small and large coils.  The snychro's do have a lot more current
--Wysock
took a lot of photo's in the early 70's to prove this point.  The
discharge
looks more like a Kirlian photography effect than the non-synchro
discharges.

We usually don't spec the RSG holes exactly -- we just show the
machinist
what we are doing and rely on his skills.  So far our new machinist (now
with us for 7 yrs) is doing a good job with his press fitting.  We will
check with him again to get the exact tolerances if you need them.

Thanks for your patience and happy coil building.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net