[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Magnifiers

Tesla List wrote:

> >From MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nzMon Sep 16 22:41:04 1996
> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:26:21 +1200
> From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: More Magnifiers
>
> Hi all,
>          Questions for Richard Hull:
>
>      I note in the "Guide To The CSN" that you label your driver
> systems rather than whole setups. I guess you retune the primary
> for different resonators (unless they have the same f). What dif-
> ferences have you noted between resonators on a particular primary
> -secondary setup? Do you choose any particular pri-sec turns ratio
> for different resonators? If so, on what basis (other than tapping
> the primary for tune)? I suppose this is asking a lot, but what
> characteristics do the best combinations share?
>
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

Malcolm,

I have long stated that I consider the magnifiers which I build,
distributed resonator systems.  The tune is based on best performance
only!!  It may or may not be related to the secondary Fr.

The best combinations have a secondary to resonator Lcoil ratio of
about3:1 to 5:1.  The best systems involve the use of very heavy wire in
the driver (10-12 gauge).  Resonators are best in the 2.5:1 L/D ratio.
The real secret is in electrostatic field control with multiple toroidal
The highest input voltage possible should be used coupled with a very
small tank capacitance.

  These are all gross generalizations and extremes may exist in any
configuration provided synergistic shepherding of components and power
distributions throughout the system is maintained.

Richard Hull, TCBOR