[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 110/220V safety questions and a hamfest find

Tesla List wrote:

> >From sroys-at-umabnet.ab.umd.eduMon Sep  9 22:48:36 1996
> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 11:05:12 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Steve Roys <sroys-at-umabnet.ab.umd.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: 110/220V safety questions and a hamfest find

<SNIP>

> Other hamfest purchases included five .1uF, 25kV Pyranol caps from GE
> (anybody have a guess as to what these were originally used for (PFC,
> etc...) and whether they might be paper, mylar, plastic, or ???), a bunch
> of 1mW HeNe laser scanners, a box of 6 megohm HV resistors, a large spool
> of 16 gauge insulated wire (not magnet wire), an xray control box (the
> xray transformer is in Annapolis, I might go get it one of these days),
> and some other miscellaneous junque.
>
> Steve Roys.
>
> (P.S. to R. Hull - I saw Dave S and Alex, but missed you at Gaithersburg.
> Did you find anything interesting that I missed <grin>?).

Steve,

I have a separate post on my hamfest experience.  The pyranols you bought
ought to be pretty good if you series three of them you'll have a .033 at
75KVDC  This will work Ok for coil work, but only OK, and a lot better
than Mylar.

Richard Hull, TCBOR