[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scopes Away! - mosfet

Richard, in reply...

> I would say that regardless of coil type, in expert hands, at a
> given coupling, a given power will only yield a given spark length
> in air. (period!!!)

Excellent! That is exactly what I have concluded. Thank you. What are
we to make of Tesla's famous quote then?

      My experiments have nothing to do with extrapolating spark
lengths. They are solely aimed at (a) discovering what really does
limit system performance and why, and (b) examining system behaviour
in fine detail to discover all possible sources of anomalous
behaviour (spikes, kickbacks etc.) If others find the cheap, non-
destructive techniques I am using useful, that would be my greatest
satisfaction. I plan only to use MOSFETs in a CW system at some
stage. I do not plan to use IGBTs at all.

Malcolm