[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dial In Current Limiting

Richard,

> I am currently building a 120/240v single phase solid state variable
> voltage/current regulator for my disruptive TC.  My current project is
> to limit current to the primary of my TC transformer with solid state
> devices eliminating hardware ballasts.  It's a whole lot easier to
> control waveform and power going into the primary than coming out of
> the secondary.

Check out my post on photocopier transformers. If there is a way to
disable the current limiting on these transformers, they'd be perfect
for a small scale (<3.5kVA) variable current/voltage power supply. Or
maybe one doesn't have to disable the current limiting for 0ma to 400ma
operation.

If you're interested, I'd be willing to swap transformers for the solid
state stuff so that we could replicate each others efforts.

...Jeff Parisse