[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging -- Success!

Hello All:

	Another Thanks to Bert, Richard, Dan and Ed for the advice on my coil
problems.  It's helped me to go another step forward on my Tesla
education.  I did succeed in getting things back together and also
raised the primary 1/2".  I ran the system Friday night and it really
worked better than ever.  Today I raised the primary to 1" above the
original point and I was planning on running again.  We had some friends
over and now it's too late to set everything up.  I will runs some tests
Sunday night and post the results.  The improvement was what "appear" to
be much hotter, fatter sparks while drawing about 15 amps.  The analog
meters now seem to run accurately!
	Another item has been noticed.  I have a 30 foot flexible power cord
that runs into one of those dryer outlet type plug housings, which I
mounted on the outside of my power box in order to plug the welder into
it.  It is wired so that when I plug in the welder, it is in series with
one of the hot leads.  I jury-rigged a connection from this plug housing
by running out two number 16 leads to my stove elements for the
resistive part of the setup.  These two number 16 leads run out through
the same opening that the incoming 240 VAC power line goes in.  Arcing
has occurred from that area, leaving a brown smokey mark on the 240 VAC
power cord.  Apparently the RFI filters aren't stopping enough RF as far
as I can tell.  I plan to rewire this setup before another run.  I
couldn't find a acceptasble plug and socket today, maybe tomorrow.

Chuck Curran