[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 100 kva coil

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: 100 kva coil
> Magnum Snipola.....

> > I'll be real curious to know what the best that Wysock can do as his
> > system is refined and at what actual KVA level these longest hits are
> > made.  Naturally, a video taped segment with a hit and a walked off tape
> > measuring would be the ultimate proof.  This is the way we here at the
> > TCBOR do it.  Words come easy and sparks grow with each telling of the
> > tale. but video and photographic evidence made at the time of longest arc
> > are irrefutable.  I believe that the center line of his 8 foot by 3 foot
> > toroid is mounted about 20' off the ground.  This should mean about a 46
> > foot limit on sparks.
> >
> > Richard Hull, TCBOR

Brent Turner replies.....

> BT: Can't say as to what Bill has been up to lately, as I haven't heard boo
> from him. I do agree that it would be better to have good, solid documentation
> on the performance, but Bill has always been a bit shy on making documentation
> available.
>
> Hmmmmm. Now what if he put the toroid up on a 130-foot pole????
>
> - Brent

Now you're talkin'!  Actually, the coil would have to shimmey up that
pole too! (you can't pipe the final resonator voltage at his power level
very far.)

 I think the toroid he's usin' is a bit whimpy fo the system size and the
power level used.  I would imagine a 20-25 foot diameter and 6 foot cross
section would be a real killer for that system provided the base of the
coil was placed about 40' in the air.  Even for Bill, this would be a
toughy though.  Where do you erect and fire such a monster?

Richard Hull, TCBOR