[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

10X Arcs

All,

I don't know if I reported this yet.  Last Thursday, We, at the TCBOR,
just went over the 10X mark in spark output!!  That is right.  We have
sparks on film (both video and still photos showing the point-to-point
arcs from our 1 foot long winding resonator on maggey #11-E zapping my
nikon 35 MM  right on the lens 121" from the terminal discharge point.
The spark is not white hot, nor is it thin and "played out".  (somewhere
about in the middle of these extremes.)

Luckily I was not at the camera during the timed exposure and was not
harmed.  The Nikon survived the sparking just fine.  Non-electronic!

This is just another milestone of record breaking performances for this
small resonator it was the first one of our coils to exceed 8, 9 and now
10 times the resonator length in output spark!

The input power was just under 7KVA.  System capacitance remains at
.03ufd.

Richard Hull, TCBOR