[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 'suicidal' glass plates

<<
 	All i can think of is transients from the rectifier.  (Rectifiers
 	accumulate bits of stored charge on each half cycke, then dump it,
 	leading to some nonobvious HV spikes when they switch.  I ASSume there
 	was a stray (capacitive) path that MADE the glass plate part of the
 	capacitor (leakage from HV supply to floor, etc, etc...)

 	regards
 	dwp >>
I had to give up on glass caps, I wanted one but every time it blew through a
plate and I never got a satisfactory reason for it .   Steve