[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beating Solved

Tesla List wrote:

> >From sgreiner-at-mail.wwnet-dot-comSat Sep 21 12:10:53 1996
> Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 16:46:09 -0700
> From: Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-mail.wwnet-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Beating Solved
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > Bert (and the gang) -

<SNIP>

> Beautiful pics Brent. One question...How many breaks per each half cycle
> of the mains does your synchronous break do.
>
> Thanks
> Skip

It's an 8-electrode, 1800-RPM sync. gap. I get 240 BPS out of it as it
sits, so that's 4 breaks per single AC cycle, or 2 per half cycle. BTW -
I just calculated out the dwell time, and I get about 40 uS, which
is a bit too long. Details from the Corum Brothers suggest that I will
do better with about a 20uS dwell, which I will get when I switch over
to a 3600-RPM sync. motor. Will boost the BPS to 480 as well. Hopefully
I'll get a bit hotter spark out of it!

- Brent (...tuning for maximum smoke...)