[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 10X Arcs

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: 10X Arcs
>
> >From storey-at-stic-dot-netFri Sep 13 22:50:11 1996
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:45:37 -0700
> From: Storey Clamp <storey-at-stic-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: 10X Arcs
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > >From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comMon Sep  9 22:19:15 1996
> > Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 17:22:21 -0700
> > From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: 10X Arcs
> >
> > All,
> >
> > I don't know if I reported this yet.  Last Thursday, We, at the TCBOR,
> > just went over the 10X mark in spark output!!  That is right.  We have
> > sparks on film (both video and still photos showing the point-to-point
> > arcs from our 1 foot long winding resonator on maggey #11-E zapping my
> > nikon 35 MM  right on the lens 121" from the terminal discharge point.
> >

>         This is an amazing accomplishment, and I wonder if the details
> will become available to the list, and then perhaps those of us who
> aspire to monster sparks wont have to build monster coils to get them.
>
> Storey Clamp
> San Antonio, Texas

The details of maggey #11E have been post on this board in the past.  The
defining characteristic is the resonator which is a 4" diameter thin
walled piece of PVC drain pipe wound with 30 gauge Kynar insulated wire.
to a length of 12".   The toroidal loading of this resonator is the key
to its performance.  I use a 12X3 toroid at the base of the coil where
the transmission line enters and a 20X5 toroid on the top with a 36"
diameter spreader cone of aluminum to support the final top toroid of
46"X10".

Richard Hull, TCBOR