[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tube coils

I'll bet some discussions can come from this question. I was weaned
on vacuum tubes and had the same problem as semiconductors entered my
studies. Tube people talk about 'real' current (electron current flow)
since that is what happens in a vacuum tube.  Positive current flows
from the plate to the cathode (filament) since you can't have negative
current flow without positive current flow. Whether it's semiconductor
material or a vacuum it's still the same. The flow is, however, basically
in one direction.  Dave Huffman