[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)

R:
Ed,

If vous est addressing moi, yeah, I placed the entire two coil system
into the 200 gallon tank and bathed with oil.  My coil is horizontal.
What you suggest sounds like a practical solution to pri-sec
flashover problems as coupling is increased to 0.2 and higher in a
vertically oriented classical system.  I cannot help but think that
where your idea would be best applied would be in the L1-L2 coil
system of a magnifier where extremely high K's are desired.  I see
the need for and use of plastic sheeting coiled up here to help.
Richard Hull, what say you?  Tight coupled maggy driver application.
Oil or no?
OUI
Ed