[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First post: Fluorescent lighting

On 10/16/96 22:25:21 you wrote:

>From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-ptbo.igs-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: First post: Fluorescent lighting
>
><BIG snip>
>
>Welcome aboard!
>
>Your observations and discovery about ways to save  _bigtime_ in
>electrical usage through high frequency drive to fluorescent lighting
>is a subject which I personally know two other fellows have tackled
>thinking it was worthwhile.  Both were easily able to demonstrate
>substantial reductions in power consumption compared to normal
>practice at 60 Hz.  I am not suprised at your failure to 'interest' big
money.
>It's already tied up in the present inefficient yet very profitable power
>conglomerate!
<snip>I'll bet you
>would find a similar super-efficient fluorescent lamp driver circuit
>in the same batch of 'supressed' files.

During my patent search, I found several devices that utilized high
frequency current to illuminate flourescent lamps.  Most of these did not
however, also use very high voltage.  My findings are that increased voltage
also increases the efficiency.

<snip>
>Sorry to de-ionize your mercury vapour lamp, but I really can
>sympathise with your frustration.  I also wish to encourage you to
>not give this up!  If you need a test arena for your 6 MHz cold
>lighting technology I would love to give it a test home in my new
>3500 square foot Shelburne Laboratory as a primary source of shop
>lighting, and also as outdoor yard lighting.  Contact me privately if
>interested in a follow up on this.  The timing could be perfect as I
>am taking possession of the new facility in just two weeks.
>
>Robert W. Stephens
>Lindsay Scientific Co.
>Ontario, Canada

As an HP employee, I don't want to run into a conflict of interest
situation.  However, I would be happy to discuss the matter further with
you.  It would be very interesting to benchmard your electricity costs
before and after implementation.  Such a benchmark would demonstrate the
viability of the technology and save you considerable money on the
electricity bill.  This is exactly what I wanted to do when I was
considering starting a business to do this.

Write back so we can discuss the possibilities more.  Thanks much for your
interest.

Phil Gantt
pgantt-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com