[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A few questions

----- Begin Included Message -----

Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 22:58:39 -0600
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
To: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: A few questions

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 21:45:48 -0400
From: Kin-hung Tam <khtam-at-intranet.ca>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

>Hi,
>I am in the middle of making my first Tesla coil and I have a couple of
>questions. Please answer as many as you can.

        I'm trying to make my first Tesla coil...you may be able to anwser
these...but I can't help you with your problem, sorry.

1.  How do you make one?

2.  What materials do you need?

Look at ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla  look in the misc directory
for lots of instruction on how to build TC and TC related components.  Look in
directory pictures for some amazing shots of TCs in operation and also examples
of construction.

3.  I'm trying to make one that has low voltage...maybe something like 120V
to about 200V.

For a spark excited TC you wont get far with 200 volts.  You will do better with
tube or semiconductor type circuits.  These however are more tricky to build.

Spark excited systems give the best spark performance

4.  Where could I get the materials?

Refer to text file found in ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/misc

If you can help me, thanks, if not, thanks anyway! :)

J.T.

----- End Included Message -----