[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotary gap nearly done...

Quoting Chip:

> Anyway, I got the rotary gap virtually done today.

Snipage

> Since I have 12 studs on the rotor, I get about 690 breaks per
> second with this arrangement.  The rotor is about 12" in
> diameter, so the dwell  time is "short".  The question that I
> have is "Is the 690 bps too high for starting out?"

It does seem a little high, but it will work even if the circuit
efficiency is a little low.

> I ordered one of those Carter motors from C&H Sales,  but I'm
> wondering if It would be OK to start using the gap as is, or
> will I likely blow a cap?

The Carter motors are very nice. I have been very pleased with
mine, and have heard of nothing but good things from others. You
should have no problem testing the circuit at the higher BPS of
you current setup.

> I'm totally psyched about the whole thing.  I also took some
> pictures,  and will try to get them scanned and posted sometime
> in the coming week.

Cool! I love photos.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12