[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Home brew capacitor

There is a 10kw 100kv power supply here that has been immersed in Shell
Diala AX
for over 10 years.  Its innards are packed with acrylic sheets, standoffs,
and spacers.
I haven't seen any signs of attack as yet.  Must be very minute.  I do know
that
a non thermally stress relieved piece of acrylic with tapped threads in it
will crack
into a zillion pieces if immersed in methyl denatured alcohol sold in
hardware stores.
Barry