[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hardheaded Me

Hello all,
        Humble am I but I will not hide the mistake. I
continued to use the ground wire in my extension cord
box as my rf ground. I hooked up a 15kv-at-60ma to my
small coil but was only using 1 Richard Quick cylindrical
gap so I doubt I was getting more than 9kv. I was getting
spectacular sparks (pictures being scanned) of over
24 inches! I got some ion motor pics too. Anyway, I found
that the system would breakout of the torroid without
a focus point. The sparks were running around everywhere.
Finally it found the copper braid attached to the bottom of
the secondary, ran down into the extension box, vaporized
a prong off of the power plug and blew the circuit's 30A
fuse. I was warned. I took the chance. I payed the price.
This weekend I am making a dedicated ground all to itself
away from the mains. I put the vaporized plug up on my
nick-nack shelf as a reminder of this incident. But!!!!!
I am going to have some great pictures to post!!!!

Humbly
Bob Schumann