[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

50 kVA Power Supply

Good News!

My bother came by late this evening with his brand new 99 cent
magnet on a flexible telescoping extension. I popped open the
25kVA pig and we went "fishing" in transformer oil for the
dropped cotter pin lodged on top of the winding.

It took about 60 seconds with the proper tool to retrieve the
cotter pin. The lost pin had been submerged under nearly a foot
of transformer oil in a very tight spot. Being as how it was a
little late, I bolted the lid back down and called it an evening.

For those who are interested, I got my pictures back and have
sent the negatives out to be scanned (thanks Jeff!). Those on the
image sub-list will hopefully see the new power supply and some
Jacob's Ladder photos soon. While this may not seem Tesla related
I can assure you that if you can make a good Jacob's Ladder you
are not going to be able to fire a good coil.

Unfortunately the photos taken of the inside of the pig did not
come out. The oil refracts the image, and there is reflection of
the light used to illuminate the inside of the can. The resulting
photos show a lot of blur, even though the circuit breaker and
base of the HV bushing can be clearly seen. If the image were
scanned I could possibly use a paint program to retouch the bad
spots and label the major components.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12