[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

references/history/aiee/ire/ieee

>>The paper is called 'Sphere Gap Discharge Voltages At High
>>Frequencies', by J. Cameron Clark and Harris J. Ryan.  Presented at
>>the 31st Annual Convention of the American Institute of Electrical
>>Engineers, Detroit, Michigan, June 24, 1914, under the auspices of
>>the Electrophysics Committee.

>Where was the paper published?  Want to get a copy.

	(I had HOPED to be able to say 'in my library', but no such luck.
	I have 1913 and 1915 but NOT 1914...8)>>  (I stumbled on a stack
	of transactions, for short money, some years ago))

=====================
>..IRE... which became IEEE....

	uhhhh.  Sort of.

	Limiting myself to US Organizations (8)>>):

	American Institute of Electrical Engineers, (AIEE) founded ca 1885
		and
	Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE), founded (??1920ish)
		MERGED to become
	Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), ca 1945(???)

	Soooooooo.  to get an AIEE paper, hit up the interlibrary loan under
	IEEE and work your way backwards.

	(In these days when IEEE, alone, publishes, what 20 sets of specialized
	proceedings a year, it may be hard to visulaize, but at that time they
	ALL went into TWO volumes (one volume, earlier).  As i say, i've GOT
	'many' olde ones, and, as i've mentioned from time to time SOME of
	their content is (as near as i can tell) relavant to 'coiling.)

	I'd prefer, out of respect to IEEE, to have folk get them thru
	libraries, but, in case of dead end, if i've got the relavant year...

	regards
	dwp