[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Real data from real experiments.

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Hi Group,
I think the question I posed, way back when, shows the clear conflict
between theory and reality. If the question is taken as theoretical then no
clear answer can be found since an infinite current would have to flow
between the two capacitors. Remember in theory there was no resistance or
inductance included in the original question and therefore no oscillation
would occur, damped or otherwise. So maybe in theory the final voltage
across the caps would be 0.707V.
In reality there is always resistance and inductance in a circuit and the
capacitors will always end up with 50% of the energy, most of the rest of
the energy goes to heat after the oscillations have gone.
In theory there can be a free lunch, in reality you have to pay. This one
has been beaten to a bloody pulp.

Dave Huffman

[ I agree!! -- Chip]