[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Real data from real experiments.

>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:31:39 +1200
>From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Real data from real experiments.
>
>>   Exactly...  Actually, I mentioned the hydraulic analogy
>> to Jack a while back, with no better comprehension resulting.
>> I suggested comparing the two caps to two water tanks, one
>> filled, the other, identical tank empty. Open a valve that
>> connects the two at the bottom. After oscillating a bit,
>> the water levels end up at 1/2 the original height, and
>> a total of 1/2 the original POTENTIAL energy is available.
>> Certainly, nothing was "radiated", and we can't easily
>> believe the water was heated that much by friction as it
>> passed through the valve and pipes.

If it wasn't heated (energy lost) or converted to sound (energy lost)
or converted to other mechanical motion (energy lost) then this old
thread is still oscillating water levels between tanks.  It is a
classical undamped potential-to-kenitic energy oscillator which
follows the same rules as a spring-mass system, LC system and many
others.

>C'mon guys. If the system oscillates, you have kinetic energy in
>there. When it stops, you have lost the kinetic energy. This is
>physics 1.

Malcolm,

	Damped case, if it is undamped: it's still oscillating;)

	cheers,

	jim