[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor Charge-Were is it?

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: Capacitor Charge-Were is it?
>
> >From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comFri Nov  1 21:51:30 1996
> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 12:38:49 -0800
> From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Capacitor Charge-Were is it?
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > >From ed-at-alumni.caltech.eduThu Oct 31 22:44:17 1996
> > Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 18:00:27 -0800 (PST)
> > From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Re: Capacitor Charge-Were is it?
> >
> > Re:
> > "The best energy transfer occurs with matched impedances."
> > The MAXIMUM energy transfer occurs with matched impedances.
> > The MAXIMUM efficiency does not.....  Problem is, in the case
> > of a pulsed device like a TC, to define what the generator
> > and source impedances really are.  Both are highly non-linear
> > and time dependent.
> > Ed Phillips
>
> BINGO!
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard and Ed,

BUT the GOOD news is that we don't have to figure all this out, even if
we could! It appears that the key lies in making k as high our
insulating systems will withstand, make the primary/gap Q as high as we
can, and consistently quench near the end of the first beat.
Fortunately, once we set the sparks to flyin', nature takes care of all
the real-world non-linearities for us in real-time...

Safe, and highly non-linear, coilin to ya' both!

-- Bert --