[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More Power

Hi everyone,
              Well I finally had a stroke of luck today. A colleague
has given me (on permanent loan) a transformer with the following
spec: I/P 220V, O/P = 4.8kVRMS -at- 820mA. With suitably adjusted break
rate and charging choke I should be able to generate any kind of
supply for TC expts. This is more like it! notwithstanding my current
capacitor misery. The transformer is out of an old commercial uWave
oven. It is open and features two leads in and two leads of EHT cable
out. It has a stndard E-I core. It may be possible to place a boost
choke on the primary side and run it in oil. It's pretty heavy but
fairly small and non-potted. Here's to making that new resonator sing
a real song sometime next year :)

Malcolm