[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Size of Cap???

I have measured my Secondary coil to be 4.6075 millihenries.  Can anyone
help me derive what everything else needs to be??

My secondary is #28 wire, closely wrapped around a thin walled PVC pipe
whose OD is 1-1/4", and is 10.5" long.

How big of a torid should it have (how can I calculate this next time-when I
make a bigger one)?
What would be the best shape for my primary?? How many turns?? Gauge??
spacing between turns??
What voltage should I use?  15K, 9K, or less (or more...)?
and finally, how big should my cap be-plus voltage rating??

If you are wondering how I know the inductance of my coil to four decimal
places, it is becasue I work at a company that has a standards lab.

/sb