[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bi Polar coil

<<
 Sorry I wasnt more specific on the coil I wanted to build. It is on Jimmy
 Pauls home page in the Tesla gifs. I love the asthetics of this coil, I
gotta
 have a model like it on my shelf. Little table top model it seems. Ive got
 get a handle on coil dimesions then start it.   Stephen

Stephen,

You want to build the secondary to whatever dimensions you want, then
calculate its resonant frequency with whatever terminals you will use on the
ends.  Then calculate the primary coil and capacitor using 1/2 of the
secondary frequency.  It is basically two 1/4 helical resonators driven at
the center with no ground refrence to the secondary.

Ed Sonderman