[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: photos (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: photos (fwd)
>
> >From bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-comThu Nov 14 21:43:39 1996
> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 06:29:00 -0800
> From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: photos (fwd)
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > photos
> >
> > >From chip-at-poodle.pupman-dot-comTue Nov 12 22:43:05 1996
> > Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 21:38:00 -0700 (MST)
> > From: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> > To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> > Subject: photos (fwd)
> >
> > Greetings,

snip
> > The apparatus is my rotary spark gap that I finished a month or so ago.
> > It has 1"x14"x14" plexiglass side plates, and 1/2" polycarbonate end
> > plates.  The electrodes are 1/8" Tungsten in massive aluminum holders.
> > The disk is 1/2" G-10, trued up on all three edges on the lathe, 12
> > electrodes made of 1/4-20 brass acorn nuts.
> >
> > Chip

Chip:
	I'll pass along another "Atta Boy!" on the photo's.  The rotary looks
like a nice addition to your coiling accessories.  Keep it up!  When is
that new garage going up?
> <SNIP>
>
> Chip,
>
> NICE pictures - looks like Dave's coil was really cookin'! Also, nice
> job on the rotary! Any thoughts about doing any forced air cooling or
> are you using compressed air at all? Also, it looked like you were
> trying out a couple of different motor sizes. Was the larger induction
> motor modified to make it synchronous like Brent's or were you running
> at a high enough break rate so that you didn't get "beating"?
>
> Thanks for sharing these with us! Can I come over and play??
>
> Safe coilin' to ya!!
>
> -- Bert --

Hey Bert:
	If I remember, you are around Chicago, how about picking me up at the
Wisconsin state line and we can both go to Colorado -- well, maybe next
year!

Chuck