[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla book

Tesla List wrote:

> >From paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-netThu Oct 31 21:36:25 1996
> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 01:09:20 -0500 (EST)
> From: Paul Anderson <paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Tesla book
>
> I have plans on writing a tesla coil book.  Anyone have any
> recommendations for topics which other books have only lightly skimmed or
> not even touched, or anything that would basically make it an excellent
> tesla coil book?  TTYL!
>
> ---
> Paul Anderson
> Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
> e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
> I hear it's hilarious.
> Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
> http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html

Yes,
	Experimenting with different types of discharge terminals.
To date I've only seen a Ball(s), Torus, and steel spikes used as
discharge terminals on Tesla coils. Why not use a cone with a rounded
bottom and point it straight up in the air (Tear drop). And you could
provide some e-field modeling graphics to demonstrate how effective
each shape is. For that matter you could provide a simplistic model
of a human on an insulated surface in an e-field.
	I suppose there are a number of geometric shapes that could
be used on tesla coils with varying results.

Any replies from the megacoilers is welcome.

A wanna be Megacoiler (soon to be, give me 6 months)
D. Gowin