[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla book

Paul Anderson wrote:

> I have plans on writing a tesla coil book.  Anyone have any
> recommendations for topics which other books have only lightly skimmed or
> not even touched, or anything that would basically make it an excellent
> tesla coil book?  TTYL!

Personally, I would pay good money for a TC book that examines in depth
the complex dynamics of the output streamers and arcs.  The ideal book
IMO would have many illustrations of streamers under various electrical
conditions (Fo, Zo, gap rate, etc).  Slo-mo photography of arcs propagating
outward with physics-based explanations of the process would be essential.

Such a book would find a place on my 'classical reference' shelf, next to
_Lightning_ by Uman and _Gaseous Conductors_ by Cobine.

-GL