[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oil for capasitor

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Tesla List wrote:

> Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 19:44:29 -0700
> From: Stephen G. Stanton <ulflyer-at-napanet-dot-net>

> down the possibility of flashthrough due to a weak spot in the poly).  Also,
> where does one buy mineral oil in 5 gallon lots?  I am a pretty good
> procurer but have no clue in this area.

I'd say that it is worth getting xformer oil for making caps as it will
definitely do it's job while "mineral oil" can have water and other
(non-lethal) contaminants in it that will make it fail.. Connecting your
local company dealing with xformers (like power-company) will most
propably get you the few gallons you need for free or little money..

Some time ago there was discussion about the possible reasons
for failure on some caps and the oil was one of the logical
possibilities as other parameters were quite the same..

  Kristian Ukkonen.