[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coils (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 02 May 96 09:28:00 PDT
From: Richard Hull <RICHARDH-at-whitlock-dot-com>
To: bin <bin-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Tesla Coils

Malcolm,

Your note about the conduction continuing is correct.  The ion cloud is very
strong around a discharging Tesla coil.  I have written a couple of articles
on this in Electric Spacecraft Journal and just delivered a paper on this
same subject in Denver last week at the INE Symposium on New Energy.  The
Tesla coil is not just a bunch of RF goings-on!  There is a full DC
component involved, too!

Richard Hull, TCBOR