[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solid State - air core driver??

On Sun, 5 May 1996 10:51:18 -0600, Tesla List
<tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

>>From haba-at-cc.hut.fiSun May  5 10:35:46 1996

[snip]
>That is fine. 10 turns for primary and 10 for each fet should do. Multiple
>transformers is just making it cost more and it may even lead into some
>problems. Single transformer is fine.

If you use a single transformer, how do you shut off all the FETs
during current limiting without just letting the transformer decay
down to 0 volts on the secondaries? With a single transformer you will
have to reverse the primary voltage to turn on the other FET.

[snip]
>> 2nd question if I build a full bridge then presumably I only have to
>> current limit the bottom fets? If I wanted to build a half bridge then

For a full bridge, I would wind 2 transformers with 2 secondaries
each. That way the PWM control chip can shut off all the FETs.

[snip]

Regards,

jim