[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Blown Cap

On Thu, 23 May 1996 21:57:13 -0600, Tesla List
<tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

>>From dwt-at-efn-dot-orgThu May 23 21:48:19 1996
>Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 17:53:59 -0500
>From: David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
>To: Tesla Mail server <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Blown Cap
>
>Hello fellow coilers,
> well I can say that coiling is a learning expierience. Just yesterday
> I blew my newly
>made rolled cap.

Dave,
	Been there, done that. 3 times! I'm a stickler for learning
curve. My first cap was a single 60mil polyethylene, oil filled,
vacuum out gassed. Second and third, were 3 layers of 30mil
polyethylene also oil filled and out gassed. The only one I haven't
blown yet is my 2 layer 60mil polyethylene, but because it's only 6nf,
I've not run it for very long.

I decided after 3, that it was time to get in on Scott's group buy.
I'm waiting (very impatiently) for it to arrive;)

So far, no one has blown a CP cap. Or at least admitted to it on this
list;)

jim