[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla and Measurements.

A further one in reply to Bert Pool...

<large snip>

First of all, thanks for the feedback. One needs experimental evidence
as Richard Hull says. (BTW, I too would like to extend greetings to
Richard. I first heard of you when reading that National Geographic
article on lightning. I was most impressed!)

     Continuing...

> I also found that there was an optimum top capacitance. I tried a
> total of three different toroid tops, and retuned to each, and
> again, there was one top which gave an optimum output over the
> other two, even when trying different mixtures of capacitor/primary
> driving.

Bert, would you mind posting your secondary stats (again I guess)
and the resonant frequencies for each of the three coil/toroid
combinations. In the light of some work I did on secondaries last
year plus some other information people have posted to the list, I
am keen to know what capacitance/wirelength combination you scored
best with and with what frequency. Also the winding height and
diameter. As many stats as  poss. I think this could be very
interesting.

Regards,
Malcolm