[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Book review and coil update

Thanks for the kind review!! (there's those exclamation marks again!)
I was kindly warned about those "!!!" by Leland Anderson for use in a
scientific work. (he used to review and oversee government technical
publications.)  But I like to exclaim and am very boisterous most of the
time.  So I thought why not flipout the staid of spirit and palcate the odd
humanist reading the work.  This way each got something of value and
something to beef about too!  What a guy for all seasons, huh?!!!  ....
ooops

On the matter of your coil,  never reduce the number of gaps, increase them!
 oops
A single gaps works ok up to about 500 watts beyond this is never quenches
well.  This will force one to use lower couplings and thus whimpy, thin,
sparks are the result.   More gaps really helps quench an arc.  Use all
metal electrodes.  I prefer tungsten rod of 3/16 diameter for small systems.

The aspect ratio on samll coils is not too important, but avoid 20:1
monstrosities.

On teleportation, I can't be of much help.  It only happened to me once and
I wasn't taking notes when it happen!  ooops.

                    Richard Hull, TCBOR