[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tank Circuit Stray Inductance...

Hi all,
        A brief note on this....

> But from what I have read so far it says the inductance of the discharge is
> can run from 30nH on up...
> Do not know how significant that is (as applied to Q factor
> calculations), but its certainly worth noting...

Actually depends on length. Also, 30nH is 3 orders of magnitude less
than a 30uH primary coil, and couple of orders of magnitude less than
several feet of interconnect wiring. "High Power Electronics"
references an estimated figure of 15nH/cm for a 1mm diameter
discharge channel amongst others. They also note the relative
insignificance of the gap inductance compared to other circuit
elements.

Malcolm