[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC physical construction

> I too use this snap-in arrangement on acrylic forms.  However, being
> without a vertical mill, I had to go about making them a little
> differently.  I made the basic forms and C clamped them together.
> After center punching the spots where I wanted the holes back from the
> edge, I used a small drill press make the holes. etc...

Being another low-budget (i.e. - poor) coiler, the method that I used was to
clamp the forms together as you did and use a wood router with an
appropriately sized bit.  You should be able to pick up a router for $40
or less and no sanding is necessary.  Plus, you can get a circle cutting
jig and use the router to cut out all sizes of circles in things (end
caps for secondaries, rotary gap disks, etc...).

Steven Roys