[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Magnifiers

 Then quoting "Dennis C. Lee" <atech-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>:

> I believe that the primary-secondary-ground side of the magnifying
> transmitter is tuned to the Earth's resonant frequency. The extra
> coil-toroidal electrode is tuned to the ion acoustic resonant
> frequency of air at STP (= 50nm.). Once oscillation is established
> across the capacitor, I believe that the ion acoustic resonant plasma
> around the toroidal electrode should interact with the Zero Point
> energy supplying the system power for energy transmission. The
> oscillator across the primary capacitor basically triggers the the ZPE
> conversion. Comments anyone?   Dennis C. Lee

I am sorry about this. I thought I had gotten away from this stuff when
I unsubscribed from USA-TESLA. I find nothing in this reply from Dennis
that applies to operational Tesla Magnifiers or Tesla Magnifying Trans-
mitters.

First off, the RF ground. The RF ground must be heavy, even heavier than
those normally used in 1/4 wave Tesla coiling. The RF currents from the
base of the closely coupled secondary in a three coil system are huge.
There is no requirement that practical hobby systems be tuned to any
resonant frequency of the planet. This applies for both Magnifiers and
Magnifying Transmitters (which are the same exact systems only one has
a smaller discharger and produces exceptional spark, transmitters are
tuned with a huge toroid discharger and spark production is avoided).

Secondary coil: The secondary coil needs to be wound on a short, squat
coil form. The coil should be wound with heavy gauge wire. It seems
that windings with an aspect ratio of 1.5 or so work pretty well. Wire
gauge should be at least 18 AWG or thicker, and insulated stranded wire
may be used on these coils. Beginners should shoot for coils here that
resonate between 400 - 450 kHz in 1/4 wave mode.

Primary coil: This is where the classic vertical helix primary makes a
big comeback. Coupling needs to be tight, and primary inductance needs
to be high. Small tank circuit capacitances work very well getting
started. Due to the close coupling and high inductance of the primary
coil, heavy insulation is required. Wrapping the secondary in a few
layers of 60 mil poly, and/or covering untapped primary turns with
heavy vinyl tubing will go far to reduce the incidents of arcing
between the primary and secondary coils.

Transmission line: this needs to have a low RF impedance. Again,
smooth strap, copper tubing, or parallel stranded DC power trans-
mission line work well. The transmission line connects the top of
the secondary coil to the base of the extra coil. Corona rings and/
or heavy insulation may be required on the top of the secondary &
the base of the extra coil.

Extra coil: The extra coil, end resonator, tertiary coil, whatever
you call it today, needs to have a higher impedance than the second-
ary coil. The low impedance secondary can then drive the higher
impedance extra coil to resonate. Impedance matching here is pretty
important. The extra coil then needs to be loaded down with a signif-
cant amount of toroid to bring the frequency down. Many people who
have several different 1/4 Tesla secondaries of the type used in the
classic two coil system find that one or more of their secondaries
will function just fine as extra coils in Tesla Magnifier systems.

Tuning: Tuning is accomplished by matching the oscillation frequency
of the tank circuit to the 1/4 wave resonate frequency of the extra
coil. When the tank circuit and extra coil are in tune the system
should begin procesing power.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

[ RQ is right.  This kind of slipped past me.  I should have screened
  this one.  Let's try to let this one die after this round.
  -- Chip ]