[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tank Circuit Stray Inductance...

tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com On Wed, 13 Mar 1996 08:30:34 +0700, you
wrote:

>Hi Jim,
>
>I have ran across a few references for spark gaps, they are as follows:

[snip]
>(2)  Frungel, Frank B.A., "High Speed Pulse Technology", Academic Press,
>          New York, 1965, volume 1-3.
>
>The above (2) set contains three volumes, although I have found only volumes
>1 and 3 of any interest when it comes to spark gaps.  Most of the information
>is about or concerning lasers and applications of technology for and towards
>lasers, but still applies to TC spark gaps.
>
>In vol. 1 the following spark gap configurations are covered:
>
>(a) Thyratrons
>(b) The Ignitron
>(c) The Multivibrator

thanks tim,
	Frungel vol 1 chapter c (the last quoted line) threw me for a
while. I've built multivibrators with numerous technologies, but had
never thought of them as a spark gap. I'd guess that Frungel is
talking about a Thyratron/Ignitron multivibrator.?.

	jim