[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

Before wiring the new circuit into the main panel I checked the
continuity of the conduit to the 60 cycle ground, making sure I
had a good solid connection. One of the #4 AWG copper cables was
wired into the breaker box ground as well. After checking for
short circuits between the remaining two cables (using my trusty
VOM) I bolted them into the new 100 amp breaker, and then flipped
the breaker over into "ON" position. Everything looked and
measured "by the book".  Bolting the cover back on the breaker
box, I had completed wiring in a dedicated Tesla coil circuit
into the house mains.

Running with the right wiring is very important to the operation
of medium-high powered Tesla systems. By the time the 60 cycle
gets to my step-up transformer it passes through three separate
breakers and a set of fuses. Doing a first class job the first
time around is a little more expensive, time consuming, and
troublesome, but it means never having to look back.
Realistically this new circuit will carry 150 amps intermittent,
which it may never do, but it is nice to know it is there.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12