[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tank Circuit Stray Inductance...

Hi all,
        Firstly, No-one has posted me on their tank circuits. Probably
not a bad thing since I discovered that the 100k resistor mentioned
is much too low for the job. (with a circuit X of about 40 Ohms and Q
about 50, the dynamic resistance of the circuit is about 100k as well)
    Secondly, on this....

> and was wondering, "Has anyone ever tried to calculate the stray
> inductance of the discharge in the spark gap?"

No, but it should be quite insignificant considering its length which
is a fraction of the length of the interconnect wiring which is a
fraction of the conductor length in the actual coil.

Malcolm