[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Annoyed Neighbor

>Interesting.  That is a distinct possibilty.  I may have inadvertantly tied the
>2 ground systems together.  I do have a nice RF ground system though.  It
>consists of (5) 10' x 5/8" copper clad rods driven into the ground 9' apart.
>The top of each rod has a 2" wide solid copper strap soldered to it that
>interconnects each rod.  Another solid copper strap connects the whole buried
>assembly to the base of my coil.  I actually didn't get any complaints before
>the other day though.  I have to get back over to the neighbors and talk to
>him about it.
>
>I will test the house for RF though.  I could also use another in-line filter
>or 2.  I also need to sheild the house wiring in the garage.  I know it is
>acting as an antenna.  It even lights the incandecent bulbs in the garage when
>running.  I hope to accomplish all of this, including the Faraday shield, this
>weekend.
>
>Inadvertantly Transmitting in Ohio,
>Scott Myers

I'd totally forgoten about the house wiring. But, when I ran my scope with a
1' wire in the input BNC, all I saw was the secondary fundamental. I don't
think that the TC fundamental is causing the problem. The spark gap,
however, acts just like an universial motor's brushes and radiates everywhere!

The interesting part, my own TV was only showing slight line noise. It's
only about 10' from my TC! On the cordless phone it could just be heard. I
could hear it on my AM radio 6' away, but I'd expect that.

I just tried it again. With my wife and son watching "The BookMaster" on the
VCR. She didn't see any snow, with or without the choke. Must have been some
radiated noise.

                        jim