[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Flourescent Light Bulbs

Hello everyone.
	My name is Adrian Bourassa and I am fifteen years of age.  I've
just completed a science project in which I took a TC outlined in a
magazine and constructed it and then tried to modify it as such that
would make the arcing distance longer.  I briefly explain a few of the
interesting phenomina (sorry about the spelling) that surround Tesla
Coils and one of those is the property that allows a flourescent light to
be activated by just bringing it close to the assembly.  It just occured
to me that I don't really have the answer to the question "Why does it do
this?"  That is why I am mailing.  If anyone would mind taking the time
to briefly (thoroughly if you like) explain this phenomina to me I would
be greatly appreciative.  Again I'm requesting an explanation of why a
flourescent light bulb (actually it's a long cylinder) can be activated
(lit up) by just bringing it close to the Tesla Coil assembly.
Thank You