[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Filter Choke Design

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996 tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com wrote:
> Harri wrote:
> Depending on the material that may or may not be low enough. Most ferrites
> work safely without saturation up to around 2-5T depending on the
> material. There may be another point to consider too: they may heat
> Are you sure? My ARRL Handbook show the saturation flux density of various
> common ferrite materials. The maximum listed value is 0.46 Tesla for type
> 77 material.

Yes, I am sure, although there is a conversion error in units. We are even
talking about same manufacturer! Amidon sais in ther info sheet 2-5000Gs
(Should be 0.2-0.5T !!) is safe operating area for all their ferrites
WHEN WE CONSIDER SATURATION ONLY! If there is continuous rf the core will
start to heat. Then the flux should go down. Heating is usually not a
problem with tesla applications anyway.
--
"If the troubles are a bit less sever (say, someone merely hit your keyboard
 with an axe .."                  - Linux System Administrators guide V1.0