[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ignitron tubes

>>From hb-at-earthlink-dot-netSun Jun 23 22:39:17 1996
>Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 14:09:11 -0700
>From: WILLIAM HENDERSON <hb-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: ignitron tubes

>hi! wanted to see if anyone in the group has had any experience using
>ignitron tubes in "big coils",i have a couple that i'm going to use on
>my 18,000 watt coil, anyone got any ideas?
>                                            tnx bill ...hb-at-earthlink-dot-net

Hi Bill,

I believe that the general concensus 'round these parts' is that
ignitron tubes are not suitable for use in Tesla coils of any size
because the turn off (deioinization) time is far too long.  This is a
darn shame.  I as well wished to try to employ a big ignitron tube in
a large T.C.  If you have the tube, and the time, I know a number of
us would be very interested in a report on the results of such an
experiment, and very, very impressed if it worked with performance
approaching that obtainable with a conventional rotary break system!

Good luck!

Happy coiling, unlimited electricity, basic food and requisite
sleep!, rwstephens